Department of Management Studies
MBA program is an investment rather than an expenditure. The value of an MBA degree cannot be denied. To realize the worth of the degree, one has to join an MBA program and enjoy the astounding benefits and career opportunities this course offers.
In terms of career opportunities, MBA provides a range of career opportunities in various different fields. It can help in getting higher level positions with a good salary package. Many business positions like investment banking, human resources, marketing, finance and management consulequire an MBA for prospective advancement.
Why MBA @ REC?
A two year MBA program at REC will immerse personal and professional transformation that prepares you for challenges in any functional area.
To experience the REC MBA is to go inside the issues that matter—and to reach inside yourself for the strength, skills, and confidence you will develop to face them.
In every case, class, event, and activity, you are asked not only to study Management, but to demonstrate it.
About the Department of Management Studies
The department of management studies commenced functioning in the year 2002.
The department runs a full time 2 year MBA program. The academic curriculum and syllabi are based on the Anna University regulations.
Students are required to do dual specialization in the functions areas given below:
- Human Resources
- To create a centre of managerial excellence.
- To provide management education and training to the student community.
- To serve the society with proficiency and human values.
- To provide quality management education to young aspiring management students by continuously improving the teaching-learning process with the help of the dedicated faculty.
- To create opportunities to the management students to develop their talents, creativity and global competence.
- To promote research and development in management by the staff and student for the benefit of the society.
In addition to the chalk-and- talk, several modern and relevant pedagogical methods are employed:
- Case studies in all functional areas
- PPT presentations
- Management Games
- Role Play
- Short duration projects
Value Added Programs
Students attend soft skills enhancement program organized by the college every year. This program is held for a week in yelagiri hills, a hills station near Chennai. Students are trained in communication, teamwork, leadership, attitude building. This program includes several outdoor activities besides case study analysis, management games, group discussions, mock interviews, etc.
Industry Institute Interaction
Regular guest lectures by industry experts in different functional areas
Periodic Industrial visits
Regular Interaction with MMA, CII etc
Eleven batches of students have passed out meritoriously and are occupying positions of importance in industry.
The college has a very effective training and placement cell and the campus interviews commence in the third semester.
Our Major Recruiters
Some of the leading companies where our students are currently working are:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Ramco Systems
- ICICI Group
- HDFC BANK
- Axis Bank
- City Union Bank
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- BNP Paribas
- Bajaj Capital
- Hyundai Glovis
- India Infoline
- India Cements
- SBI Mutual Funds
- Shriram Transport Finance Ltd
We have a fully-equipped computer lab with 60 PCs loaded with Systat, SPSS-18, TORA, Visual Studio – 6, and Oracle 10G besides Microsoft Office and tally which gives the student a hands on experience in software application.
- All class rooms are equipped with laptops and LCD projectors
- Well-Stocked central library
- Separate Departmental library
- Faculty with Excellent academic achievements
- Many faculty Members have rich industrial experience
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Bus facilities extending to Kanchipuram, Arcot, Thiruvallur and Arakkonam
- Separate Hostel facilities for boys and girls
REC MBA stands at No. 3 among 92 colleges in Anna University Examinations.
- 35 university ranks till date and 5 university ranks in 2013
- Excellent placement record
- Rated 'A+' by Business India
- 'A' rating by CRISIL
- Classified as a leading business school in India by Dun & Bradstreet
- Fully equipped classrooms
- Well-stocked central library
- Separate departmental library
- Faculty with excellent academic achievements
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Regular guest lectures by industry experts in different functional areas